Deadline: May 1st
Download Active Membership Application
- Candidates for Active membership should be surgeons engaged in an active practice dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of vascular disease. Candidates for Active membership who are physicians of a specialty other than vascular surgery should also be engaged in an active practice dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of vascular disease or shall have demonstrated a major commitment to developing and furthering the art and science of vascular disease or shall demonstrate membership in a national society dedicated to the treatment of vascular disease.
- Candidates shall have practiced their specialty for at least one year following completion of vascular training.
- Must be certified by their appropriate specialty board.
- Shall be recommended by two Active members of the Society.
- Shall be from the geographic area of the Eastern United States and Canada.
- If applicable, a candidate may be required to submit a list of vascular or interventional procedures performed during the year immediately preceding application, including indications and results of treatment.
- A complete curriculum vitae, including bibliography, should accompany the application along with letters of reference from two Active members of the Society. It is preferable that at least one sponsor listed as a reference is not in partnership practice with the applicant, nor a member of the same academic department.
- Active members will notify the Secretary when they reach age 65.
- Senior membership shall be automatically accorded Active members when they have reached age 65.
- Senior membership status may be requested by any Active member who retires from active surgical practice. The request is submitted to and must be approved by the Membership Committee.
- The Secretary shall notify the Active member of his/her change to Senior status.
Deadline: May 1st
Download Associate Membership Application
- Candidates shall be individuals who have demonstrated interest, commitment and skill in the diagnosis, treatment and management of patients with vascular disease or in research in the study of vascular diseases.
- Candidates shall be recommended by two Active or Senior member of the Society.
- Shall have a Ph.D., M.P.H., M.B.A., C.R.N.P. or equivalent post-baccalaureate degree.
- Completed applications should be accompanied by: the applicant’s curriculum vitae including a bibliography of publications related to vascular disease (if available), as well as the necessary letters of reference.
Deadline: August 15th
The Eastern Vascular Society would like to increase the number of Vascular Trainees in its Candidate Member Group.
Candidate Members shall be engaged in an established or approved general ACGME accredited vascular residency program or be actively engaged in the practice of vascular surgery following the successful completion of a general ACGME accredited vascular residency.
If interested in applying for Candidate Membership, your trainees should complete the application and it to the society’s office by August 15, 2012. The trainee should also arrange for two EVS members to send letters of sponsorship.
Download Candidate Membership Application
- Applicants shall be from the geographic area of the Eastern United States or Canada.
- Shall be engaged in an ACGME accredited vascular residency program or be actively engaged in the practice of vascular surgery within three years following the successful completion of an ACGME accredited vascular residency.
- Shall be recommended by the Program Director of his/her vascular residency program.
- Shall have adhered to the ethical and moral standards of surgical practice.
- May request Active membership after completing a Vascular Residency in an ACGME accredited program and/or by complying with all the requirements listed in Article I, Section 1 of the Bylaws.
- Candidate Membership is limited to three (3) years after completion of vascular training.
Completed applications and supporting documents should be forwarded to:
Chair, Membership Committee
Eastern Vascular Society
500 Cummings Center
Beverly, MA 01915
978-927-8330 | Fax: 978-524-8890